1/3 Photos of Banana Chiffon Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This is light, airy and delicately textured. This recipe is from my grandmom's recipe box and is cut from a cardboard box...don't know from what product though...no brand names mentioned :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 3Make a well in dry ingredients and add oil, egg yolks, bananas and lemon juice.
- 4Beat until smooth.
- 5Add cream of tartar to egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- 6Beat until stiff peaks form, do not underbeat.
- 7Gradually and gently fold banana mixture into stiff whites until just blended, do not stir!
- 8Pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan and bake 40- 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean and dry.
- 9When cake is completely cool, remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chiffon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 323.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g