Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
SvenDen- Here are some banana recipes from my grandmother (including one for pudding)
Make and share this Banana Chiffon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Grease two (2) 8-inch round pans well and dust with flour.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Beat until very stiff and glossy.
- In another bowl stir remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add oil, bananas, half of buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix well for 1 minute at medium speed on mixer.
- Add remaining buttermilk and egg yolks.
- Beat another minute. Fold in beaten egg whites and nuts.
- Pour in prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
This is truely a nice banana cake. I had only one banana and used lemon flavouring it was delicious and the texture was light and moist too. i also used self raising flour and added 1 tsp soda, 1tsp baking powder since you did not specify the type of flour to use. i will make it again but with less sugar because for me its too sweet. Thanks for sharing
This cake is very tender and moist. It is a great way to use up those ripe bananas. ***1 cup mashed bananas=2-3 medium bananas*** Also, this is an 8-inch layer cake, so the recipe makes about 12-16 servings. GREAT with cream cheese frosting (8-oz. cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, 1 lb. powdered sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla- beat on high until light and fluffy).
This was a really delicious cake. Mine got done sooner, after about 25 minutes, but I was using a 9-inch pan size. It didn't rise very high and seemed to flatten out a little after it cooled, but I might have stirred it a little too much or something. I will definitely make this again. It's a keeper.