Recipe by Lisa_Roy
SvenDen- Here are some banana recipes from my grandmother (including one for pudding)
Top Review by Chef Merbel
This is truely a nice banana cake. I had only one banana and used lemon flavouring it was delicious and the texture was light and moist too. i also used self raising flour and added 1 tsp soda, 1tsp baking powder since you did not specify the type of flour to use. i will make it again but with less sugar because for me its too sweet. Thanks for sharing
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup banana, mashed (very ripe)
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease two (2) 8-inch round pans well and dust with flour.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Beat until very stiff and glossy.
- In another bowl stir remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add oil, bananas, half of buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix well for 1 minute at medium speed on mixer.
- Add remaining buttermilk and egg yolks.
- Beat another minute. Fold in beaten egg whites and nuts.
- Pour in prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.