Recipe by Mme M
A very special tropical cheesecake! Make sure the bananas are sweet and ripe.
Top Review by Mirj
We had some friends coming over last night for a movie and I decided to put this together the night before in anticipation. Do you know how difficult it was to keep the kids away from it while it was resting in the fridge? I was able to make the crust in moments in my food processor. My only complaint is that I think the bananas weighed down the cheese, didn't let enough air get into the batter and it wasn't as fluffly and high as the cheesecakes I normally make. It was still delicious, just a bit "low riding." I served this with chocolate syrup and some good strong coffee. Thanks for posting!
- 450 g cream cheese
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 225 g sour cream
- 250 g bananas, pureed
- 1 cup plain sweet biscuit crumbs or 1 cup cookie crumbs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the biscuit/cookie crumbs with the cinnamon and the melted butter. Press into the base of a 20cm 22cm or 8" or 9" spring form pan.
- Beat the cream cheese smooth. Add sugar, lemon juice, dark rum, and vanilla.
- Add 4 beaten eggs slowly. Stir in sour cream and the banana puree.
- Mix well. Pour onto the prepared base in the springform pan.
- Bake at 170C for one hour. Let cool overnight, then remove from the pan. Garnish with sliced bananas and a thick cream topping.