Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Turn an ordinary banana into a cute caterpillar that the kids will eat up as an after school snack, a bedtime treat or as an accompaniment to a sandwich at lunch. By the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
- 2 medium bananas
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 4 raisins
- 12 pretzel sticks (small thin kind)
- Peel and slice each banana into 10 segments.
- Assemble "caterpillar" by spreading segments with peanut butter and pressing pieces together.
- Sprinkle half of coconut over each "caterpillar" and press lightly with fingertips to coat.
- Use additional peanut butter to press raisins on one end to form "eyes."
- Break pretzel sticks into small pieces for "legs" and "antenna.".
- Tip: use different colored dyed coconut for a very colorful caterpillar!
What a cute and fun to make treat! My sis and me both really enjoyed this for breakfast and will make it again!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this keeper, jonesies!
Made and reviewed for the Dessert Event in the Photo Forum October 2010.
This was easy and looked so cute! Thanks for posting!