1/5 Photos of Banana Caterpillars
Turn an ordinary banana into a cute caterpillar that the kids will eat up as an after school snack, a bedtime treat or as an accompaniment to a sandwich at lunch. By the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice each banana into 10 segments.
- 2Assemble "caterpillar" by spreading segments with peanut butter and pressing pieces together.
- 3Sprinkle half of coconut over each "caterpillar" and press lightly with fingertips to coat.
- 4Use additional peanut butter to press raisins on one end to form "eyes."
- 5Break pretzel sticks into small pieces for "legs" and "antenna.".
- 6Tip: use different colored dyed coconut for a very colorful caterpillar!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Caterpillars
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.0
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 668.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 13.4 g