Recipe by wildheart
These muffins are INCREDIBLE. What a great way to get fruits AND veggies. My seven year old is in love--and the dog ran off with a pan full, too!
Top Review by The Veganista
I can't Review this yet but it's something I'll be trying tomorrow. It sounds tasty! On a side note: Unless you follow the recipe exactly as the OP states I see no reason to give bad reviews! I find it unnecessary and unhelpful. It doesn't make sense to Review a recipe if you don't follow instructions! Rant over...happy cooking :-)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 5 bananas
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can carrots, drained or 2 cups grated carrots
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco, butter flavored
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- In large bowl, cream Crisco and sugar.
- Mix in eggs and juice.
- Using a fork or an old fashioned potato masher, mash carrots and bananas thoroughly.
- Mix the carrots and bananas into the egg-sugar mix.
- Stir in dry mix; stir only to moisten.
- Put in lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 30 minutes, until light golden.
- To bake in microwave, bake approximately 5 minutes at 50% power for a high powered microwave; 7 minutes at 70% power for low powered microwave.