Recipe by demetra_nik
As I have forgone all things animal for lent, I came up with this recipe as a treat. I love a classic carrot cake, but it is typically loaded with fat. This is a really delicious and healthy recipe! Enjoy and Eat On!
Top Review by kathryn.b
Yummy, I'll be making these again. I tossed together a little oatmeal crumble topping and was glad to have the added texture. They were nice and moist. I used traditional brown sugar instead of the splenda and perhaps this accounts for the fact that I wished they were a hint sweeter. (And I am not the type to want a sugary muffin.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk, plus 1/3 of a cup (or any milk or alternative you may like!)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Douse a paper napkin with olive oil and wipe muffin tins to prevent sticking while baking.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and splenda.
- In a separate bowl whisk together banana, olive oil, milk and carrot.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a ¼ cup as a guide, divide the batter evenly among the 12 tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Indulge!