Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From my mother-in-law. This carrot cake does not have a cream cheese frosting. I have not had this yet, but my hubby says it's wonderful. He says that he can't taste the bananas in the cake, but it's been years since he's had it, so that might be wrong. He says it's really good though.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml mashed banana
- 158.51 ml canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml clove
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
- 236.59 ml carrot, shredded
- 78.07 ml chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, banana, and oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Add to banana mixture and mix well.
- Stir in carrots and oats; mix well.
- Spread in greased 9x9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
YUMMMM!! I used whole wheat pastry flour and palm sugar, and couldn't not put a cream cheese icing on top! Served up at a dinner party and even the dieters took seconds. Moist, flavorful and addictive! I'll definitely make this one again.
Perfect recipe! Next time I will omit the nuts as my 7 yr. old detected them no matter how small I chopped! I like the fact that the carrots were undetectable.. delicious!
This cake turned out very nice. Moist and tasty. Thanks for sharing :)