Recipe by noway
From my mother-in-law. This carrot cake does not have a cream cheese frosting. I have not had this yet, but my hubby says it's wonderful. He says that he can't taste the bananas in the cake, but it's been years since he's had it, so that might be wrong. He says it's really good though.
Top Review by Oops
Only had one banana so I made half a batch. Turned out excellent Baking time was reduced to 25 minutes, but what a great snack! Moist and not too sweet. Loved the oatmeal in this recipe. I would definitely make this again and recommend it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, banana, and oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Add to banana mixture and mix well.
- Stir in carrots and oats; mix well.
- Spread in greased 9x9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.