Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A lower fat recipe.
Make and share this Banana Carrot Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 carrots, grated fine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I enjoyed it and one of my daughter's has a friend over. She loved it and wanted to know how I made it. My banana bread loving daughter hasn't had a chance to try it yet. DH, who was banana'd out this spring, said, "You aren't going to start shoving bananas at me again, are you?" He could taste the banana the very first bite. The shredded carrots in this bread created flecks of orange throughout the brown of this whole-grain floured bread; very pretty! Thanks for sharing this recipe Sue!
I don't like banana bread, so I subbed a little. I used two eggs and one banana. The batter was dry, so I added three ounces of leftover beer. This came out just like banana bread, which was great for DH as he loves it. Thank you for an easy recipe!