Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I modified a chocolate banana muffin recipe to incorporate carob. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Make and share this Banana Carob Chocolate Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup toasted carob powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar (adjust according to your sweetness preference)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (prefer canela cinammon)
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana
- 4 ounces unsweetened berry applesauce (1 of those prepackaged snack cups)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup carob chips
- mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Make a well in dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Add chocolate and carob chips and stir until incorporated. Bake in regular sized muffin tin at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick tests clean. Makes 1 dozen muffins.