Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My sister gave me this recipe, and Keebler has also published a version. Very yummy variation of banana cream pie. My in-laws raved over this and always want me to make it again!
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 1 shortbread pie crust
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 6 tablespoons caramel topping
- Slice banana and place in bottom of crust.
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add pudding mixes and cinnamon.
- Beat with wire whisk 1 minute.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, top with whip cream and caramel topping, and some banana slices for an attractive presentation.
Oh yummmmmmm. I used crust #96877 instead of a shortbread crust and I used all fat free/sugar free type products for the rest of the ingredients. (Fat Free/Sugar Free pudding; skim milk (though a special thick kind we get from a local dairy); fat free cool-whip) I found that it worked out beautifully. The cinnamon addition was lovely and I found myself eating spoonfuls of the pudding mix right out of the crust before it had set! (Using a fresh spoon every time in order to not be double dipping!) This was excellent. Though to be honest, I may just simply make it as a parfait and layer the pudding with the banana.