Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sweet banana cake that makes it's own caramel sauce. Delicious! Great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine brown sugar and 2 teaspoons flour, set aside.
- Combine 1 1/3 cups flour and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stir with a wire whisk.
- Make a well in the center of mixture. combine banana and next 3 ingredients, add flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Pour batter into a 8 inch square baking pan, sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over batter (do not stir).
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when lightly touched in center. serve warm.
Good enough when still hot, but kinda strange when cool. Sorry, but I couldn't give it more than 3 stars...
I thought this turned out great, but my kids rejected it unfortunately. I won't be making it again. Maybe its more for adults.
My Husband just loved this cake. The word he describe the cake was.....Outstandingly good! Thanks for the recipe! Here is what I did different, I just greased the pan heavly with real butter. I love butter in the carmel sauce, and it turned out Yummy. A husband approved recipe for sure.