Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Banana Caramel Pie
- 1 cup graham cracker, crushed
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cream
- 2 bananas, chilled and sliced
- DO CRUST. In a medium-sized bowl, combine first 2 ingredients and press into an 8x8x2 pan. Set aside.
- DO FILLING. In a frying pan, melt sugar until caramelized. Remove from heat. Add butter and stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup cream. Mix well.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks. Add the egg yolks to the slightly cooled caramel mixture a little at a time, stirring constantly. Return to fire and cook until slightly thickened. Cool completely. Whip 1/2 cup of chilled all-purpose cream and fold into cooled caramel. Reserve 2 tablespoons of caramel for the topping.
- DO TOPPING. Arrange sliced bananas on the prepared piecrust and top with caramel filling. Decorate with the reserved caramel topping. Chill and serve.