Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This is one of the most interesting desserts I have made. This is rich and sweet and will go a long way as you can't eat too much of it!
Top Review by Ambervim
Rice Krispies crust is VERY soggy. 1/4 cup coffee made the caramel way too runny, YUCK. Lemon juice not needed if pouring caramel over right away. What I do like is the flavor the coffee gives to the caramel. I do like the coconut in the crust. I you are going to make this, I suggest a graham cracker crust and 1/8th cup coffee in the caramel.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 3 ounces butter, melted
- 14 ounces dulce de leche condensed milk, caramelized
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup warm black coffee
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, press into a pie dish and chill.
- Dip banana in lemon juice.
- Slice bananas over crust.
- Beat coffee, salt and caramel together.
- Spread caramel over bananas.
- Decorate with stiffly whipped cream, if desired.