Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posting this in response to a request and also because it sounded delicious. I found it researching the net and the site just said it was imported from MasterCook. I haven't tried it yet, but when I get over my current sugar high from Easter, I will try it. Preparation time includes stirring while cooking.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks (egg whites can be used for meringue)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 8 inch pie shell (baked and cooked) or 1 9-inch pie shell (baked and cooked)
- 4 ripe bananas
- Mix sugar, flour and salt in saucepan.
- Stir in cold water and egg yolks.
- Beat smooth.
- Gradually stir in boiling water.
- Cook, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes until smoothly thickened.
- Stir in butter, vanilla and evaporated milk.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Shortly before serving, slice bananas and arrange over filling.
- Top with whipped cream or meringue (made from left-over egg whites).
This pie is so easy! I drizzled a little chocolate on top of the finished pie!! I made this in honor of CoolMonday...she will be missed!