Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Totally easy dessert, put comfort food!
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine bananas, vanilla and melted butter, until bananas are well coated.
- On a cookie sheet, unroll two crescent rolls, leaving the two triangles attached to form a square.
- Place 1/4 of banana mixture in the center of each pair of rolls.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Heat caramel topping and drizzle over dessert.
- Serve warm.
How absolutely FABULOUS !!! I can't believe this recipe has been posted since 2001, with no reviews. People just don't know what they're missing!! I made the recipe exactly as written, and I couldn't be more pleased. I sealed the perforations in the dough, and piled on my banana filling. When I pulled it out of the oven, it was a beautiful sight!! This is the perfect way to end any meal, and it just couldn't get any easier. A real 5 star winner; thank you for this great dessert !! Teresa
I prepared this exactly as directed except that I folded the crescents over in step 4 and pinched the seams shut (it seemed like it needed that and something was missing from the recipe). And also, before serving, I also dusted them lightly with powdered sugar along with the caramel. Altogether, this was very quick and simple to make, and the flavor was over the top. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
Yummy!! Five stars for how easy this was and using ingredients I had on hand was a big plus. I get tired of banana bread when I need to use up bananas and this was soooooooooo beyond good! The kicker is I did not have plain caramel sauce, I had just bought this new "Milky Way" sauce that is a cross between caramel and milk chocolate sauce. Oh my, I was in heaven. I'm glad the rest of my family are not big banana lovers....(more for me !!)though they liked the dessert as well. Thanks for sharing, and thanks to Tgirl for bringing attention to this recipe!