Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Found this one and decided to try it out.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) packageindividually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted margarine. Press into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Blend in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and mashed banana. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is set. Cool, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Combine evaporated milk and caramels in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook stirring frequently until caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth. Garnish the cheesecake with banana slices, and drizzle caramel sauce over.