Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Macadamia nuts give these fantastic sundaes even more flavor, as well as some satisfying crunch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup toasted macadamia nuts (about 6 ounces)
- macadamia brittle butter pecan ice cream or vanilla ice cream
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced into rounds
- additional toasted macadamia nuts
- Stir sugar and 3/4 cup water in heavy large saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber color, brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan occasionally, about 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add cream (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- Return pan to medium-low heat; stir until any hard caramel bits dissolve.
- Mix in 1/2 cup nuts.
- (Sauce can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; keep chilled. Rewarm before serving.).
- Place 2 scoops of ice cream in each of 6 bowls.
- Top with banana slices and warm caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle each sundae with additional nuts and serve.