Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this on All Recipes. It was submitted by Beth. I served it with chocolate frosting #44126. Wonderful treat!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 large bananas, very large and very ripe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour two cake pans and set aside.
- Mash banana and set aside.
- Combine cake mix and baking soda in the large bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed until combined (about one minute).
- Beat at medium speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide batter between the two pans and bake 30-35 minutes or until center of cake springs back with lightly tapped. (A tooth pick stuck in the center may leave a slight crumb.).
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and frost.
Such a winner! This cake is moist and beautiful! It baked well and mine was done in 35 minutes. (I used 2 9-inch pans) I frosted this with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting... Shots? and it was a perfect compliment! I would be proud to serve this for breakfast (plain), dinner at home or a potluck! Thanks for sharing a great recipe, kit in NO!
This is a fabulous cake, moist and delicious. It tastes like it was made from scratch. No one will know that a cake mix was used. Thanks Kit.