Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Maman Dion. This cake can be frozen, well wrapped, it can keep his flavour for 2 months. You can bake this cake in a loaf pan. Cut and slice and toast it as breakfast.
Top Review by teresas
Awesome! We loved it. I did use less sugar in the cream topping just 2 tbs based on another reveiwer. It was perfect, not to sweet and the tang of the lemon added a great touch with the banana flavor. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 1⁄2 bananas, ripe, a medium size
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced in 1/4 inch, sprinkled with lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a round pan of 9 inches.
- In the food processor or the way you want, reduce in a puree the bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar for 2 minutes with a mixer.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with the banana mixture. Mix at medium speed for 1 1/2 minute.
- Pour the dough in the pan and cook in the center of oven for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Let rest 5 minutes and unmold on a rack.
- Whisk the cream until is is thick while adding sugar. Add poppy seeds and lemon zest, mix and put on the cold cake. Garnish with banana slices.