1/3 Photos of Banana Cake With Homemade Pudding Icing
1 hr 10 mins
This cake does not last long in our house. In truth I think it's the icing that makes the cake, but the moist cake is fabulous too. It freezes great as well.
My Private Note
9 x 13 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (3-4 bananas)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1To make cake: Mix margarine, sugar and eggs together.
- 2In separate bowl mash the bananas and add the milk. Once mixed, add the banana mixture to the margarine, sugar and eggs.
- 3In separate bowl mix the remaining dry cake ingredients.
- 4Mix the dry and wet cake ingredients together.
- 5Pour into 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 - 40 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 6To make icing: Mix the flour, milk and sugar in a small sauce pan.
- 7Cook to boiling stirring continuously. Cool to room temperature.
- 8In a separate bowl whip the margarine, shortening and vanilla.
- 9Mix the cooled pudding mixture with the whipped marg/shortening mixture until fluffy.
- 10Top cooled cake with icing and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cake With Homemade Pudding Icing
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 280.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g