1/1 Photo of Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
1 hr 10 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
A very tasty banana cake. The recipe comes from the New York Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable shortening
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons creme de banane (optional)
Banana Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2lightly grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan, shake out excess flour.
- 3Place cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add mashed bananas, ONE CUP OF WATER, oil, eggs and if desired, liqueur.
- 5Blend with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute.
- 6Stop mixer and scrape down side of bowl with rubber spatula.
- 7Beat 2 minutes at medium speed until well blended.
- 8Pour into prepared pan, place on center rack of oven.
- 9Bake until lightly browned, About 40 minutes, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean Remove from oven, cool on wire rack.
- 10FROSTING: Place cream cheese and butter in large mixing bowl.
- 11Blend with mixer on low until combined.
- 12Add powdered sugar a little at a time, and blend on low speed until well mixed.
- 13Add flavoring and blend until fluffy.
- 14Use at once to frost cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.0
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 277.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g