Thise cake recipe came from the cookbook that came with a mixer in the early 1950's. The frosting is just a basic 10X sugar frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or 1/4 cup sour milk
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on high speed of electric mixer for 1 1/2 minutes.
- 2Add buttermilk.
- 3Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4Add flour mixture alternately with mashed banana.
- 5Beat only enough to blend, about 2 minutes.
- 6Pour battered into 2 greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans and bake in preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 7Cool cake then prepare frosting.
- 8Mix together powdered sugar, cocoa and salt.
- 9Add gradually to butter, beating with electric mixer, adding just enough milk so that mixture is not stiff (If you add too much it will get too thin when you continue beating).
- 10After all ingredients are blended, mix on high speed of your mixer for 3 to 4 minutes, carefully adding small amounts of milk if too thick.
- 11Fill and frost cooled layers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cake With Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 275.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g