Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very moist cake. I have been requested to bring this to every pot luck we have at work. The cake is also very good without frosting, or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- 236.59 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 236.59 ml milk
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Penuche Caramel Frosting
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, well packed
- 59.14 ml hot milk
- 768.91 ml powdered sugar
- Cream margarine, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Stir in mashed bananas and milk.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased and lightly floured 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until done.
- Cool and top with Penuche Caramel Frosting.
- Penuche Caramel Frosting:.
- Boil butter, brown sugar and milk over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Beat in powdered sugar until you obtain the desired consistency.
- Pour over cake and spread.
Yummy! Made this for my son's 2nd birthday for a monkey themed party. It went over well with the the birthday boy and guests. Made 1 1/2 recipe to put in a sheet pan, I thought it came out great. Thank you for the recipe!
I have made this cake often, and usually with 3 bananas. It is a lovely cake and the icing is to die for! Freezes well if you have any left!
This rating is for the icing only: the icing was way too sweet and almost no caramel flavor. I stopped adding confectioner's sugar when it go to the right consistency (which was only about 2 and 1/2 cups), but it was still all that you can taste....sugar.