This is a very moist cake. I have been requested to bring this to every pot luck we have at work. The cake is also very good without frosting, or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Cream margarine, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Stir in mashed bananas and milk.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased and lightly floured 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until done.
- Cool and top with Penuche Caramel Frosting.
- Penuche Caramel Frosting:.
- Boil butter, brown sugar and milk over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Beat in powdered sugar until you obtain the desired consistency.
- Pour over cake and spread.