1/5 Photos of Banana Cake With Caramel Frosting
This is a very moist cake. I have been requested to bring this to every pot luck we have at work. The cake is also very good without frosting, or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Penuche Caramel Frosting
- 1Cream margarine, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- 2Stir in mashed bananas and milk.
- 3Combine flour, soda and salt.
- 4Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and blend thoroughly.
- 5Pour batter into greased and lightly floured 9X13 pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until done.
- 7Cool and top with Penuche Caramel Frosting.
- 8Penuche Caramel Frosting:.
- 9Boil butter, brown sugar and milk over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- 11Beat in powdered sugar until you obtain the desired consistency.
- 12Pour over cake and spread.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cake With Caramel Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 402.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 59.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g