Recipe by IamEarnie
This is a very moist cake. I have been requested to bring this to every pot luck we have at work. The cake is also very good without frosting, or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Top Review by drinkmore
Yummy! Made this for my son's 2nd birthday for a monkey themed party. It went over well with the the birthday boy and guests. Made 1 1/2 recipe to put in a sheet pan, I thought it came out great. Thank you for the recipe!
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Penuche Caramel Frosting
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1⁄4 cup hot milk
- 3 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Stir in mashed bananas and milk.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased and lightly floured 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until done.
- Cool and top with Penuche Caramel Frosting.
- Penuche Caramel Frosting:.
- Boil butter, brown sugar and milk over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Beat in powdered sugar until you obtain the desired consistency.
- Pour over cake and spread.