Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Great snack cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening. Make cake mix as directed on box adding mashed banana with water and eggs. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook 4 to 6 minutes; stirring constantly and watching closely, until batter just begins to turn golden (butter will get foamy and bubble). Remove from heat. Cool 15 minutes.
- With electric mixer on low speed, beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk until frosting is smooth and desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cake.