Recipe by grandma2969
another recipe from my "stash" not tried myself..but would like to
Top Review by Erin B.
This recipe mentions baking powder but no baking powder is listed in the ingredient list, not amount is mentioned. The frosting was tasty but runny even after adding additional powdered sugar. The cake tased good but the recipe is flawed.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and sugar -- add mashed ripe banana -- set aside.
- whisk together flour, baking powder,.add to banana mixture --
- add buttermilk, baking soda and chopped walnuts -- beat well.
- add one egg at a time, mixing well after each egg --
- pour into a greased 13x9" baking pan --
- bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes -- test with toothpick inserted near the center .cool on wire rack.
- to prepare BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:.
- combine brown sugar, milk, and butter and boil 1 minute -- let cool --
- the beat till creamy -- adding vanilla and enough powdered sugar till easily spreadable --
- frost cake when cool -- .