Recipe by Annacia
Bananas are one of Oman's favorite fruits. There are a number of varieties that grow here as well as many imported varieties, but bananas go ripe very quickly in the summer heat. See variations at bottom of directions.
Top Review by Dienia B.
this is a very nice banana bread , i did have to bake 15 more minutes but i used a 9x9 which i felt did very well for the amount, the dough was thick and it rose very well. i did use a tablespoon of lemon juice which i always do when using baking soda make this its good
- 1⁄2 cup of softened butter (or melted) or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups smashed very ripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. When it is well mixed, add the mashed bananas and mix inches.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, beating a little after each addition.
- Pour into a lightly greased and floured 9" x 13" cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- VARIATION 1: Add 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- VARIATION 2: For a chocolate swirled cake – divide the batter in half. To one half add 1/4 cup baking cocoa. Spread the plain half of the batter into the baking pan. Spoon on the cocoa batter and swirl with a knife. Bake as per instructions.
- VARIATION 3: For a chocolate banana cake – add 1/2 cup of baking cocoa to the batter with the flour. Bake as per instructions.