Bananas are one of Oman's favorite fruits. There are a number of varieties that grow here as well as many imported varieties, but bananas go ripe very quickly in the summer heat. See variations at bottom of directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. When it is well mixed, add the mashed bananas and mix inches.
- 2In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, beating a little after each addition.
- 3Pour into a lightly greased and floured 9" x 13" cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4VARIATION 1: Add 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- 5VARIATION 2: For a chocolate swirled cake – divide the batter in half. To one half add 1/4 cup baking cocoa. Spread the plain half of the batter into the baking pan. Spoon on the cocoa batter and swirl with a knife. Bake as per instructions.
- 6VARIATION 3: For a chocolate banana cake – add 1/2 cup of baking cocoa to the batter with the flour. Bake as per instructions.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cake-Omani Style (With Variations)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.2
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 330.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g