Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Bananas are one of Oman's favorite fruits. There are a number of varieties that grow here as well as many imported varieties, but bananas go ripe very quickly in the summer heat. See variations at bottom of directions.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. When it is well mixed, add the mashed bananas and mix inches.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, beating a little after each addition.
- Pour into a lightly greased and floured 9" x 13" cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- VARIATION 1: Add 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- VARIATION 2: For a chocolate swirled cake – divide the batter in half. To one half add 1/4 cup baking cocoa. Spread the plain half of the batter into the baking pan. Spoon on the cocoa batter and swirl with a knife. Bake as per instructions.
- VARIATION 3: For a chocolate banana cake – add 1/2 cup of baking cocoa to the batter with the flour. Bake as per instructions.
this is a very nice banana bread , i did have to bake 15 more minutes but i used a 9x9 which i felt did very well for the amount, the dough was thick and it rose very well. i did use a tablespoon of lemon juice which i always do when using baking soda make this its good