Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my grandmother in Norway, and is a very quick and easy bake! It's also very delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 ripe crushed bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the sugar, butter, eggs, milk, bananas, baking soda and flour together in a big mixing bowl.
- Now get out a beater and mix on low until the batter is clear of flour residue.
- Add the vanilla and the nuts (optional) last.
- Mix again until the batter is evenly mixed.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown or it passes the toothpick test!
Simple and Easy to make and mix, I halved the servings to 6.Cake came out very moist and spongy.It took me so little time to mix all the ingredients by hand (since my mixer broke down, need to get a new one) I made a quick peanut butter frosting and spread it over.Will make this cake more times since it is so simple and easy.
I cooked this last night and used buttermilk in place of regular milk. I also greased a bundt pan and cooked it 50 minutes. It was great. I left out the nuts and added 1/4 cup more flour. We are at high altitude. Next time I will add nuts. This is a keeper, your Grandma got it right. Thanks for posting! Easy, easy, easy! Made it again and used cayenne sugared almonds crushed and put in a 9 X13 pan and added one more banana! It was so moist and so good!
This IS simple. I mashed the bananas in the mixing bowl & in went everything else, a quick mix & its into the pan. The less dishes the better! :) We had to cook it for longer because our oven is not great, but it had a crispy edge (which i like). You've got us onto a good thing. Served it the next day with gooey Recipe #42321.