Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe on a message board over a year ago. Its wonderful and has a light texture.
- 2 2⁄3 cups pastry flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 bananas (very ripe)
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (room temp, can add 1/2 tbs. of vinegar to regular milk if you don't have buttermilk)
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In your mixer mash the bananas.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time until each is completely incorporated.
- Then mix in the buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Then mix the dry ingredients into the batter just until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a 9X13 inch greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
- I doubled this recipe and used three fourths whole wheat pastry flour and the other one fourth white pastry flour. I also sifted the flours but I don't know if its needed?Came out great. Very fluffy, moist and sweet. I didn't frost it.
This is a very good tasting banana cake. I had planned on putting cream cheese frosting on it, but like the chef decided to leave it without. It doesn't need anything else. Almost like a good banana bread in texture. Made for PAC Fall 2011.