- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3-4)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 1/4 cup sugar, shortening and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and then bananas.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Beat into sugar mixture.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
- Mix together remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or lightly browned.