This is one of JELLO's spring recipes this year. I like the recipe cause you can make cake pops without owning a special pan.
- 1⁄2 cup milk, cold
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagevanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 fully ripe banana, mashed
- 10 3⁄4 ounces lb cake, thawed, crumbled into fine crumbs (I think another yellow cake would work)
- milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 2 tablespoons multi-colored candy sprinkles (or another decoration, nuts come to mind)
- STIR milk and pudding mix in medium bowl with large spoon just until pudding mix is moistened. Immediately add bananas and cake crumbs; mix well.
- TO PORTION CAKE BALLS Use cookie scoop to portion the cake mixture for each ball. Then, roll the cake balls between the palms of your hands to form smooth round balls.
- SHAPE into 36 (1-inch) balls; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Freeze 1 hour.
- MELT chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring after 1 minute
- TO EASILY COAT THE CAKE BALLS Remove inner tines of disposable fork; set aside. Add cake balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use spoon or rubber scraper to evenly coat balls with chocolate. Remove balls with prepared fork.
- If you are using lollipop or Popsicle stick, just skewer each pop before dipping.
- Dip balls in chocolate; return to baking sheet. Top immediately with sprinkles or whatever you are using.
- Let stand until coating is firm.
I saw this recipe in a magazine and when I looked here found you'd already posted, so glad you did too. This is so easy and fun to make. I made it for my DGSs who are spending the weekend with me and they loved it. An added bonus is how simple it is to put together - the hardest part for me was trying to find a way to stand them up for a display. As it turned out no need, the boys just dug in. Thanks for posting a fun recipe