Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My MIL gave me her recipe...this is so deliciously moist, and always a winner!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 large bananas or 4 small bananas, mashed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Bake in an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Top/ice with Cream cheese& icing (powdered) sugar mixture.
Very easy to make and delicious!! The cake was lovely and moist, will definitely be making this again if I have any loose bananas lying around! Only thing was I didn't need to cook it for as long as suggested, my cake only took around 35mins.
Yum! Great recipe - very easy to make and tastes great! I added about 1/2 cup of milk coz I was worried about dryness (because of another reviewers comments) and coz I only had 3 small bananas - not sure if that really did anything but cake was lovely and moist! I'm off to make another one... :)
Good recipe but just seemed too much like banana bread to be considered a cake. Would make again though.