Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy peasy cake.
Make and share this Banana Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in the milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and soda thats been dissolved in the milk, then add bananas and dry ingredients and vanilla essence.
- Mix well.
- Bake in 8 inch square pan in moderate oven (350F or 180C) for 30-40 minutes or until skewer comes out dry.
- Ice with favourite icing.
- I use a chocolate butter icing.
Made this as a quickie when my son showed up with his girlfriend. I used 1 1/2 cups of toddler banana babyfood, which is the quick equivalent of mashed banana. I added walnuts. Baked and served in an 8x8 glass square pan. Blended together 8 oz. cream cheese with 1/2 cup of sugar for a quick frosting. Got rave reviews fresh from the oven. It was even better when we polished off the last chilled pieces later that evening. This is a keeper.
i found that if you ice the cake with 250g of phillidelphia cream cheese and 4tsp of fresh lemon juice.....it truly puts the icing on the cake...this a great cake that many aussies really enjoy!!...easy and a fantastic taste..very filling also!
Don't throw out those too-soft bananas, make this delicious easy cake! This recipe was really good although I had to increase the cooking time a little. I cooked it in a loaf pan and used a vanilla butter icing. Very good!