Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a neighbor and make it every month or so. It is so yummy and tastes even better if you frost it with Chocolate frosting! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 4 large bananas
- 1 cup sour milk (2 tsp lemon juice or vinager added)
- Mix all ingredients, except banana's and egg whites, together in a large bowl.
- Mash Banana's and add to dough.
- Beat egg whites and add them to dough.
- Pour into greased 14X9 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
Very quick, easy, and reasonably healthy. It rose very well in the pan and made 12 huge servings. I iced with non fat cream cheese icing. A bit of a strange, dense consistency to the cake, no doubt because it is a healthier varsion of banana cake. It would make nice muffins too. Took about 10 minutes longer to cook in my oven, be sure to test. I will make it again, would be a good half recipe too in a square pan. Thanks!