Recipe by littlemafia
The search is over: this is THE cake for me. The one and only banana cake recipe that I need. It was gone by the time I remembered I shoud take a picture.The ingredients are always on hand.Sometimes, I make a lemon sauce from lemon juice and sugar to put on top of it.
- 60 g butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add mashed banana.
- Add egg gradually beating after each addition.
- Add essence.
- Fold in sifted flour alternately with milk.
- Stir until just combined and mixture is smooth.
- Bake in a 9x23 cm oiled loaf tin for 45 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cake in tin for 5 minutes, thank turn onto a wire rack to cool.