My absolute favourite Banana Cake recipe. Yum! Makes either 1 9x13 or 2 9 inch cake layers.
Make and share this Banana Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Blend shortening and dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Adding bananas and half of the buttermilk, mix until moistened; beat two minutes on medium speed.
- Add the rest of the buttermilk and the eggs, beating two more minutes.
- Pour into cake pan and bake at 350F until done (approx. 30 minutes).
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan to complete cooling.