1/3 Photos of Banana Cake
Originally from Marg Fulton but I have adapted it. Very moist and yummy - even for people that dont like bananas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour two 23cm round tins or 1 large roasting dish. Set oven to 180C (355F).
- 2Combine the milk and lemon juice and set aside for it to curdle slightly.
- 3Sift flour, cinnnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl. Add sugar, bicarb and salt.
- 4Add the mashed bananas ,butter and milk. Mix well with electric beaters on low speed.
- 5Add the eggs and beat for 2 minutes until combined, stir in walnuts.
- 6Divide mix into the tins and bake for 35-45 minutes for the two tins or 45-50 for the one tin. Cool on wire rack.
- 7To serve dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 837.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g