Originally from Marg Fulton but I have adapted it. Very moist and yummy - even for people that dont like bananas
- Grease and flour two 23cm round tins or 1 large roasting dish. Set oven to 180C (355F).
- Combine the milk and lemon juice and set aside for it to curdle slightly.
- Sift flour, cinnnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl. Add sugar, bicarb and salt.
- Add the mashed bananas ,butter and milk. Mix well with electric beaters on low speed.
- Add the eggs and beat for 2 minutes until combined, stir in walnuts.
- Divide mix into the tins and bake for 35-45 minutes for the two tins or 45-50 for the one tin. Cool on wire rack.
- To serve dust with icing sugar.