Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is yet another recipe I got from: "Brain Foods For Kids: Over 100 Recipes To Boost Your Child's Intelligence." I got it as a send-in freebie from Kashi. This was actually in the book as a carrot cake with the bananas listed as a variation, they said: "...the combination of bananas and nutmeg are said to encourage restful sleep" I don't know about that but it was delicious. (I substituted canola oil for the sunflower oil since that is what I keep on hand) I did not include cooling time for the cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Lightly grease and flour two 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and bananas and mix well.
- Mix together the eggs and oil, then add to the mixture in the bowl, stirring just until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans. Bake for 40 mins or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes then carefully turn out the cakes to cool on wire racks.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and creamy. Beat in the powdered sugar and then put in the refrigerator to stiffen slightly.
- Level each cake layer with a knife. Frost the top of one layer, then place 2nd cake on top and frost it as well, it doesnt matter if it runs down the sides.
This is a very dense Banana Bread not Cake, so for me a little disappointing as I was looking for a cake.
Rating it as a bread............I still thought way too dense, sorry.