Recipe by Moody
Healthiest banana cake ever! Great for breakfast, or just for a healthy treat that feels sinful! This recipe comes from the PCRM web site. I use blueberries when I can get them, but raisins will do in a pinch.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries or 1⁄3 cup raisins
- vegetable oil cooking spray, for pans
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, salt and wheat germ.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and mix in sugar.
- Mix in soymilk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, stir lightly to mix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Lightly coat 2 8-inch cake pans, and spread half the batter into each.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.