Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Best moist cake, unlike banana bread which is sometimes dry. Good unfrosted or with a cream cheese frosting. Use really, really ripe bananas.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cream oleo & sugar, add eggs and beat well.
- Sift flour with salt & baking powder and add alternately with the milk and vanilla to the creamed mixture of sugar and egg & oleo. Add nuts.
- Mash the bananas and add the soda. Add to above mixture.
- Bake in a 9 X 13 baking pan which has been greased. 325 to 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly brown.
Oh...My...Goodness. SOOOO delicious and moist. I omitted the nuts (didn't have on hand) and replaced with bittersweet chocolate chips. Poured into 2 9" round pans to make a layered cake and iced with Cream Cheese Frosting. HEAVEN on earth. You MUST try this recipe!
this was great moist just like she says!
This is our new family favorite. Moist, easy, and can be dressed up or down. I also replaced the butter with VCO coconut oil. I do in all my recipes. Absolutely delicious, the cake surpassed my expectations! I used a cream cheese icing and sprinkled with fine pecans and cinnamon. A definite plus reason not to fret over too ripe bananas.