Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Try this banana cake. Add some cinnamon powder to enhance the taste.
- 100 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 100 g butter or 100 g margarine
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 small eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 banana, mashed (Mash it just before adding to the cake mixture to avoid discoloration)
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs gradually to the creamed mixture, beating the mixture with each addition until all the egg is added. Note: add the egg a little at a time and mix well to prevent it from curdling.
- Fold in the flour with a metal spoon until the cake mixture is of a dropping consistency.
- Add the vanilla essence, lemon juice, cinnamon powder and mashed banana.
- Mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake in the middle shelf of a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius/ Gas Reg. 5 for 25-30 minutes .
- Note: To save time, use an electric hand whisk for creaming the cake mixture.
I thought this was the best cake I've ever tasted. I'd have given it 5 stars, but my husband didn't agree with that, so I'm giving you a 4 star. This was just the right size and I really wanted a recipe with no milk. It was simple to mix together. The cake was moist, had a nice crumb and was just lovely. Thank you I really enjoyed this....I've eaten half the cake already!
worked well instead of vanilla essence I added a little nutmeg
Very good and easy recipe. i did modify it. instead of self rising flour i used regular flour and a teasp of baking powder. i also used a 9" cake pan and baked for 20 mins. i was in a huge hurry thru all the ingredience in a bowl and beat it till smooth. the cake turned out perfect. thank you!!!