Recipe by ladypit
This is a wonderful low-fat dessert. It is easy to prepare but looks fancy. The bananas need to be pretty firm. It needs to be served right away as the souffles will fall very quickly. Also, if you have ramekins big enough to hold 2 cups then use those. If not, use ceramic bowls that are oven safe. From "Eating For IBS".
Top Review by ellie3763
Mmmmm! i cut the recipe in half. the only problem i had was my own fault: i forgot to spray the remekins with cooking spray!! oops! so i ended up with a VERY STUCK souffle... which i dug out with a spoon and enjoyed every bite of! can't wait to make these again and be able to get them out! haha! thanks!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray your bowls (or ramekins) with cooking spray.
- Beat the egg whites until there are soft peaks.
- Slowly add the sugar as you continue to beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.
- Put the butterscotch chips in a food processor and pulse until they are chopped.
- Set aside.
- Using a small hand grater, grate the bananas into the egg whites.
- Then add the butterscotch chips.
- Fold everything together.
- Put the bowls onto a cookie sheet.
- Put the egg mix into each bowl.
- Run a knife around the inside of each bowl.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.