Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These banana pancakes are so fluffy and yummy, you won't be able to stop eating them...great with whipped butter. (Note: cook time listed is for each pancake)
Top Review by Saki
Wow! I wanted something bready to make use of some bananas I had lying around. This recipe is delicious! It was my first time preparing from scratch buttermilk pancakes. This recipe incorporating banana was a perfect addition. I used Nutella instead of syrup to dress them. Definitely saving this one for future use.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana (not pureed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a griddle or frypan to med-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, mashed banana, eggs, melted butter and orange zest (if using); add to flour mixture, stir well until evenly blended Lightly oil griddle or frypan.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup pancake batter onto griddle, cook about 3 minutes on each side Repeat, until all batter is used up.
- Keep warm in the oven.