Recipe by Rhonda *J*
I cut this recipe from my local paper years ago now, and I FINALLY made them for breakfast this morning, and they were great! I didn't have any buttermilk so I added 2 tbsp. of lemon juice to the 2 cups milk and it worked out just fine! I think these would be great with chocolate chips added in, or strawberries & Cool Whip on top(or all three!!) for an extra special & decadent breakfast treat!I guess then you could call them Banana Split Pancakes! Cook time is per pancake, so it depends on how many you make.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for skillet
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Combine buttermilk, bananas, butter& eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat; add or brush with the veg.
- Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour into skillet; cook about 2 mins.
- or until underside is golden and bubbles break on top but do not fill in.
- Flip pancake over; cook about 1 minute more or till underside is golden.
- Makes about 16 pancakes.