This recipe is a good way to use up bananas and want something a little different for breakfast or dinner. My daughter loves them with chocolate syrup on top but I prefer maple syrup. This recipe came from a back issue of Canadian Living magazine.
- In a large bowl, sift or stir together flour, sugar and baking soda; mix in walnuts.
- Combine bananas, buttermilk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt just enough butter over medium heat to coat the surface of the pan.
- Pour in about 3 tbsp.
- of batter for each pancake; cook pancakes, in batches, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on one side or until tiny bubbles appear on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip and cook the second side for about 1 minute or until golden.