Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Australian House and Garden.
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup light salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 210 deg C.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin[the BIG muffin size] or use large paper cases.
- Sift the self-raising flour with the baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a bowl, then add the wholemeal flour, brown sugar and orange peel.
- Mix together lightly then make a well in the centre and add the banana, dates, oil, buttermilk and egg.
- Stir the mixture with a fork until just combined.
- Place 1 heaped tbsp of mixture into each case and bake for 20-25 minutes.