Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net. No name attached.
Top Review by *Z*
I have to revise my review of this. I gave a jar to my FIL and he loves it!!! He finished off the 1/2 pint jar in a week by himself!!He said it was the best jelly he's had!!This is very sweet. More like a jelly than a butter.I only needed 6 bananas-I guess my bananas were bigger.I didn't add the cherries.It was very easy to make. It made 8 1/2 pints jars.Use a big pot b/c it foamed up quite a bit. I had to take it off of the heat a couple of times to let it bubble down.You might want to puree the bananas-I just mashed them. It has more of a chunkier texture just mashing them.Very popular here. My FIL raves about it all of the time!
- 3 cups thoroughly mashed bananas (around 10-12ish)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced maraschino cherry
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure 3 cups mashed bananas into a large saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice, cherries and sugar, mixing well.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pectin.
- Mix well.
- Ladle into clean, hot sterile jars and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes for pints.